Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Week 8 (2 of 2)


On Monday after telling Shannon Happy Birthday and dropping the girls at school, Becca and Skylor took me to the airport.  I flew out of Montgomery, Alabama to Atlanta, Georgia and then onto my final destination of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.  Upon my arrival in Philly I went to the parking garage and found my truck with a dead battery.  This was not a surprise to me, since my truck had been in the parking garage for 5 weeks during winter and not started once.  After an hour wait, I finally had a service company show up to jump my truck off.  I drove over to my rental house in Toms River, New Jersey.  It was about a two hour drive and sucked because I would always talk to my dad on this drive.  However I made it through the drive and today was my first day back to work after a five week hiatus.  I am the project manager on a construction project at Fort Dix.  We had our final walk of the project today and it went well, so that is the good news.  The bad news is I am over a month behind on day-to-day paperwork and I also have tons of closeout paperwork to complete.  I will persevere through it, but it is going to make school that much tougher until I get caught up at work.  I usually work 10 to 11 hours a day, but for the next two weeks I will probably be working 14 hour day to include both days of the weekend.  It should be fun…

No comments:

Post a Comment