Today was the first truly productive day I have had in about
a month. I felt pretty good and I had
all day to begin catching up on my school work.
I have come to terms with the fact my father is gone forever and I only
have memories of him for the rest of my life.
Logically I understand death is a part of life and it will visit us all
at one point or another, however emotionally it just flat out sucks. I am sure over the next several weeks or even
months I will have a roller coaster ride of emotions, due to the fact of the
great relationship my father and I had being gone forever. But I know he would want me to move on and
continue being a productive member of society, a father of my own, a husband,
and a generally all around good person. While
this time in my life has been extremely difficult, my family and I were
strongly touched by the outpouring support of my father’s and our friends and
extended family. Compassionate remarks
have even been posted to some of my previous blogs. The funeral was held in Kansas and we had
people travel to pay their respects from: Washington State, Louisiana, Texas,
Rhode Island, Missouri and all over the state of Kansas. My future posts will return to what I began
the class with, while it will still be family based, my future posts will
pertain more to my wife and our four daughters…
No comments:
Post a Comment