My topic for blogs this semester was family, in particular
it was supposed to be about my daughters, however my father became gravely ill
and passed away a couple of weeks ago and the theme of my blog had changed then. Therefore, while it is still family based, I
now have a more expansive them for my blog.
This is a link to my Dad’s obituary: http://m.penwellgabeljunctioncity.com/obituary.aspx?obitid=65640&EMSessionID=-1&Source=choice&fname=MSG+(RET)+Benjamin+N.+O%27Sullivan&city=Junction+City&ST=KS&pgsrc=obituary
Taking this class and thinking about applications which pertain to my theme,
lead me to complete research on digital graveyards, if you will. There are numerous ones readily available
with the yahoo search engine, however all of the sites I visited where very
unattractive sites. I think it is a
great idea and if it was done tastefully it could be a great place to have
videos and pictures of your loved one with a synopsis of their life and a
message board where people could write memories or just random thoughts. The thing I like about the idea is, anytime a
person has an internet connection and as long as the website is up, at your
fingertips would be a digital place you could visit your deceased loved one
from anywhere in the world. I like the
concept of being digitally eternal…
No comments:
Post a Comment