Today was perhaps one of the hardest days of my life. My father’s Doctor came into the room after
rounds in the ICU today and told us, there is almost no hope for him to get
better. Then the Doctor told us if there
is not any improvement by the middle of this week, we would need to terminate
his current life support. My father is
not only my dad, he is actually my best friend in the whole world. It will be so weird not to be able to pick up
the phone at a whim and call him to talk about sports or life in general. My wife is up here from Alabama, friends flew
in from Texas, and my brother in-law and my second best friend behind my father
showed up at the hospital today, so that was awesome. But this whole situation sucks. I feel so bad for my mom, it has to be harder
on her than anyone else, this Feb they had their 37th anniversary
while he was sedated. She is losing her
best friend, anchor, husband, and soul mate, I cannot comprehend being robbed
of my golden years with the love of my life.
Oh, Tom. There really are no words. I am praying for all of you. Robin
ReplyDeleteI am really sorry to hear this, and I pray things work out for the best for you and your family. I have not lost a parent yet, my wife lost her father when she was 18. I am not sure how well I will handle it. My father and I talk now more on the phone than I think we did when we lived together. I don't blame you for being tired.
ReplyDelete